Our History

Moved by the Holy Spirit, a group of pioneer Christians realized a dream to bring their community the advantage that was theirs only by infrequent trips on horseback or on foot to Buffalo, Bluff City and South Bristol.  After several moves they finally settled a building that was about 200 feet north of the present building around the year 1880.  The church was called Sulphur Springs Union Church.  At this time the Godsey brothers, Charles and William came to the community.  William was married to Lynn Corns and Charles was married to Addie Stickley.  Around 1910 a division occured in the Union church and Charles gave land to the Methodist group to build a one-room church.  In gratitude to the Godsey brothers, the church was named in honor of the two wives (Addie and Lynn); thus Addilynn Memorial United Methodist Church.

The present sanctuary was built in 1966.  

Our Family Life Center was added in 2003.

 

Contents © 2020 Addilynn United Methodist, Bristol TN • Church Website Builder by mychurchwebsite.netPrivacy Policy